EAS SEGAS East Macedonia – Thrace in collaboration with the Municipality of Emmanouil Pappas and according to its calendar, announces the 21st Road Race on a public road, in the context of events in memory of the homonymous hero of 1821 under the following terms:
1. DATE: SUNDAY 8 DECEMBER 2019
2. BACKGROUND: ANDRIANTA EM. PAPPA-SQUARE OF FREEDOM OF SERRES
3. TERMINATION: ANDRIAN EM. POP LOCAL COMMUNITY EM. Grandpa
4. ROUTE: FREEDOM OF SERRES – MARAGOUDAKI-AL. PANAGOULI – ORPHEOS – ETHNIKI ANISTISSIS – D. MAROULI – A. IOANNIS – EMPTYMLES – PARAPLEVRY ETHNIKI SERRAS-DRAMA ROAD –
N. SOULI – SAINT PNEUMA – EM. PADPAS.
5. DISTANCE: 17,000m.
6. BACKGROUND: SERMES 60m – N. SOULI 156m. – HOLY SPIRIT 314m – EM. PAPAS 252 m.
7. STARTING TIME: 10:45 am
8. RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE: Have the athletes who belong to the power of the SEGA members’ clubs. as well as veterans and freelance athletes.
9. CHILDREN: Born in 2002 and older.
10. PARALLEL EVENT:
There will be a 1200m race for elementary school students (born 2008 and younger).
The starting point will be at the 15,800th kilometer of the 17000m race track (after A. Spirit to E. Pappas where there will be an indication) with a starting time at 11:15 am.
Entries will take place 30 minutes before the start.
11. AWARDS: The first winner of each category will be awarded
cup, gold medal & diploma.
Second silver medal winner & diploma.
To the third winner – three bronze medals & diplomas and to all
finish the commemorative medal and diploma.
12. FINANCE: There is no financial burden on participants.
13. HEALTH COVERAGE – MEDICAL EXAMINATIONS: The health coverage of the race is provided with the valuable assistance of health providers, doctors and volunteers of the Greek Red Cross of the Serres Regional Department, throughout the course of the race.
The organizers have no responsibility whatsoever, during the race, for health issues due to a lack of preventive medical examination. Participants are advised to have a recent medical examination.
Athletes with a SEGAS card will compete by presenting their card and health card considered by a cardiologist as required by law.
Independent athletes will not be required to obtain medical certificates, as all participants are at their own risk and the minors are responsible for their guardians.
14. PARTICIPATION STATEMENTS: Participants are required to participate in the 17,000m race. will take place at the Freedom Square of Serres 1 hour 15 minutes before departure.
A) Water stations will be available in each local community
B) At the starting point (Serres) there will be a vehicle to transport the athletes’ clothing – three to the finish.
C) After the closing there will be a reception in the community events room.
D) After the end of the event the athletes will move to the starting point for picking up their cars by city bus.