The Sports – Cultural Association “Kastropolites of Monemvasia” in collaboration with the “Companions of Monemvasia”
They organize on Sunday, October 11, 2020, the 3rd road race called Monemvasia Run Challenge 2020 with a distance of 20 km as well as the parallel road races of 5 km and 1.5 km.
2. The organizing committee with a sense of responsibility towards the pandemic situation due to Covid-19 and wanting to contribute to the safest possible presence of both the participating runners and the judges, volunteers, staff, medical and support staff who will participate in these races will take all the necessary measures so that the conduct of the races is fully harmonized with the Health Protocol prepared by the General Secretariat of Sports and concerns the conduct of off-road races.
3. Start: The start of the 20 km race and the parallel races will be given from the Gate of Monemvasia Castle with the finish at Plaka (beginning of the bridge). For the road 20km. the start will be at 09:00 am, for the 5 km road the start will be at 09:15 am, while the start of the 1500m road will be at 10:00 am. Starts will take place in groups of 10 people, every 15 seconds. Each runner will know the starting block after it will be written on his entry number. The distances between the runners and the starting blocks will be in accordance with the relevant health protocol,
4. Route: The 20 km race is conducted on a beautiful coastal route with very small altitudes. For the route of the 20 km race click HERE. To be informed about the altitude fluctuations of the route, click HERE. For the 5 km race route click HERE. For the route of the 1.5 km race click HERE.
5. Entries: In the race there will be electronic timing. The number of entries, due to Covid-19 and the Health Protocol that must be followed, will be limited to a maximum of 200 entries for each race. Entries will be submitted until Wednesday, October 7, 2020 through the website of the race: https://monemvasiarun.gr. The registrations in the race will be made obligatorily and exclusively through the above digital platform.
6. Participation costs: Participation in this year’s Monemvasia Run Challenge is free regardless of the distance of the route or the age of the participating runner. This decision was taken due to COVID 19 and with the aim of avoiding collusion in the secretariat of the race.
7. Function of the Race Secretariat: The collection of the participation numbers will be done by the Secretariat that will operate in an open – outdoor space (Monemvasia square). The opening hours of the Secretariat will be the following: Friday 9/10 17: -19: 00, Saturday 10/10 09: 00-13: 00 and 18: 00-21: 00 and Sunday 11/10 07: 00- 08:30.