For 2022 the Tihio Race in its program includes both big races 3 Ultra Summits TihioRace 250km & X-Ultra TihioRace 165km. Guided by the fact that they are the most difficult of their kind in Greece as they pass through three large mountains of two and a half thousand meters where the weather plays a very big role, it was chosen to be held on September 1-4. The registrations opened at www.tihiorace.gr where there is all the detailed information about the races.
But why should an athlete choose to run one of the most difficult races in our country?
- Because he is given the opportunity to cross the ancient cobbled streets that lead to Delphi
- To climb Giona 2510m which is the 5th highest mountain in our country and no other race passes through this mountain
- Because Vardousia 2495m is one of the 3 alpine mountains of Greece and the ascent to the highest peak of Korakas is a challenge of life (it has small technical difficulties in the last meters and is included in the long route of 250km only)
- The two races circle the lake of Mornos and the athletes will have the opportunity to enjoy it from above several times
- The view from Liakoura 2457m to the highest peak of Parnassos is unique. A mountain surrounded by seas. The Corinthian Sea to the south, the Evian Gulf to the east and the Maliakos Gulf to the north
You just enjoy the view and the magical landscapes… .. while everything else will be taken care of by the organization !!!
See you in September at Tihio!
From the organizing committee